Where the water is as blue as sky, sand as soft as petals of rose and sun shines likes the only star in the galaxy that is the place called Phi Phi islands. Surrounded by beautiful trees and gorgeous marine life this island is a must watch attraction on your visit to Thailand.
How to book a tour to Phi Phi islands?
We did not book it online, because there were too many options and it was confusing, we decided to go random. After reaching Phuket we realized that we did the right thing. There are so many tour booking companies to choose from and prices were lesser than online. You can discuss your requirements in person and customize a little bit.
We booked a day tour for Phi Phi island via speedboat. I was very excited to go by speed boat. Usually the tour van picks you up at 8 in the morning and take you to the boat parking place where you can have your breakfast and coffee. There are lot of speed boats going to Phi Phi everyday.
You will arrive Phi Phi islands in around 40 mins, the first location was Maya Bay, its very popular because of the movie “The Beach” was shot here.
You cannot wear your shoes on the beach that’s the reason beach is absolutely clean, the sand is as soft as powder. There is just one draw back of famous photo spots they are very crowded.
I still enjoyed the crystal clear water, swam a bit, soaked in sun and clicked tons of pictures of this gorgeous location. Though finding a spot without people was a huge task, we managed few good shots.
After Maya Bay we saw the viking cave and the lagoons, you cannot visit the viking cave inside as it is closed for bird conservation.
The journey was spectacular with great views, finally after sightseeing we got a chance to snorkel at Phi Phi Don. The clear blue sky, corals and beautiful fishes inside, the day was as amazing as it could be.
After the beautiful snorkeling experience we were tired and wanted to eat. I was really worried about the food as we ticked in the vegetarian section. To my surprise they made special vegetarian food for us in Thai style which was delicious.
The boat stopped at a beach facing open restaurant, where our boat was the only boat. Loved the serenity of the place. The view was mesmerizing.
Our trip to Phi Phi islands was full of breathtaking views and wonderful memories.
Few tips if you are planning a visit:
- Take a high SPF cream as you are going to be super tan
- Wear your best swimming costume because you will swim at most of the spots
- Carry a waterproof pouch for your phone otherwise you might need to buy one paying extra money
- We bought fins but never used them for snorkeling, so choose if you find it convenient with or without it and don’t worry there are no sea urchins
- Carry your own towels as you are not going to get any
- Keep some light snacks if you like to eat at regular intervals
- You can carry one extra pair if you have space
- If you want to see less crowd you can book a sunrise tour
- Choose the tour company wisely to have the best experience